Monday, April 4, 2011

My altered dress!



FINALLY! MY WAIT IS OVER!

My dress is altered and in! I am so glad I purchased in ivory. I looks great on me and I am just so pleased with it.

I went with just my mom and she's not especially camera savy so I am lucky to have gotten any pictures at all. We forgot to take pictures of my dress unbustled.


Ok, let's talk about bustles. I really don't care for bustles. When we went in for my first meeting with alterations, she showed me two different ways she could bustle my dress. I didn't love either, so I went with the cheapest option. I think it is a four point bustle. Now that it is done, I still don't love it. Not sure how to feel about it. I just think that it creates some ugly points on the back of my dress. Kind of upset about it, but not sure what to do. I signed off on my dress and took it home. I guess I could carry my train all night, but that could get really exhausting.
She had showed me a french bustle but that just didn't look right either.


SO... LOVE my dress unbustled. Don't really care for the bustle. Not sure what to do about it. Maybe it would look better it I didn't have my veil on or if we had poofed the dress or something.... I really don't know.

Do you love the way your dress looks bustled? Do you like bustles? Any brides come up with other alternatives for dresses with trains. I love my train, but I don't love my bustle.




1 comment:

  1. Hello from WeddingBee!

    Your dress is gorgeous! And you look fabulous in it!
    I love my bustle, but that's because my dress has crystals in a line down the back and it really picks up on those.

    Just remember that when your dress is bustled, you'll be dancing and having a riot, and you probably won't think about it.

    ReplyDelete