Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Engaging Engagement Attire

My kids!

I tell you what! Teaching, putting together two music programs and planning a wedding is hard work! I have a kindergarten music program tomorrow, so I have been slacking a little the past week. My apologies.

For our engagement pictures, FI an I have talked about sever different ideas. We have talked about more casual outfits with jeans and our favorite (wedding) colors: blue and green!
Below is an inspiration board of some different shade of the two colors.

For our second outfit, I wanted something a little more formal. I found this white dress online at Maurices. I thought it would be really cute if FI wore black and white- very bridal w/o being in a long dress! Also I could wear it again to one of my bridal showers! YAY!



Well FI did not like the idea of him in black and white and thought we needed more color. So I suggested putting him in grey and adding yellow. Maybe even a touch of blue. I just love the dress!


He seemed to really like this idea. So now I am on the hunt for yellow shoes and cardigan for me and a tie for him.

Tonight I went to try on the dress and it is very ivory. Maybe even slightly cream. It's really cute and I can't wait to find the right cardigan to give it that pop of color.

Then in went into payless and found a steal! They are more yellow than they appear in this picture, but they are still a light buttery yellow. $14!



I have heard that you shouldn't wear white/cream for E-pics, but has anyone else done it and loved it? Plenty of people look great in photos in their white wedding dresses, so why couldn't it look good...

I may still be on the lookout for alternatives, but we will see.

How did you choose what to wear for your engagement pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment