Monday, March 28, 2011

Since when are blue and green for boys only?


Green and blue seem like very boyish colors, but I am determined to make them feminine, delicate, soft, bright, fresh, and beautiful!

My fiance and I decided to combine our two favorite colors for our wedding day: Blue and Green. Below are some of the inspiration photos I have saved over the last few months.

I always wanted my wedding's theme to be "something blue" (even though my favorite color is green).


But I wanted to add another color to make it less monochromatic. I wanted something beautiful and fresh, so I went with my ultimate feel good color- green!


I just love the way the green POPS against the blue. The blue in the girls dresses above is really close what I ended up going with for my bridesmaids- Horizon Blue from David's Bridal.



Where else can we incorporate these colors?

The cake!
I love the way the colors of the hydrangeas are incorporated into this cake!

The decor- paper lanterns!


We will be having an indoor ceremony and reception and I am hoping to fill our ceiling with shade of blue, green, and white paper lanterns. (More to come later on this project!)

Attire- groomsmen ties!




How did you incorporate your wedding colors?

Did you choose any color combinations that you feel are unique?



No comments:

Post a Comment