Monday, March 28, 2011

My long distance engagement



Ben and I have been together over four years now. We met in college, both studying music education. I graduated last year and took the first available job that was two and a half hours away from Ben, who is still in school finishing his last year.

This year has been a tough one, but it has helped us realize how important we are to each other.

I would go back every few weekends to visit him and and just sob when I had to leave.

We had been talking about getting married for YEARS now. We were just waiting for him to get done with school, but there seemed to be a lot of uncertainty in the job world, so we didn't know when it would happen.

We had looked at engagement rings, and I had a feeling that it was going to happen the weekend that it did. Ben came out to see me Dec. 17th, 2010. He got in town late that night and we were planning to go on to his parents house the next day. He couldn't even wait and he proposed to me that night! He told me that he had thought about waiting until we were with our families for Christmas, but as soon as he got the ring, he knew he had to do it at the first available moment.

I was so excited! Finally! We will be tying the knot July 16th, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment